Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar. LIVE Online Seminar
Take the path to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP)
Who Should Attend?
This certification is open to all health care professionals. This includes but not limited to
- Social Workers,
- front line staff,
- Assistant Administrators,
- Dementia Unit Managers,
- Nursing Assistants,
- Home Health Aides,
- Personal Care Assistants,
- Physical Therapists,
- Occupational Therapists,
- Speech Therapists,
- Senior Living Advisors,
- Music, Art, and Alternative Therapists,
- Pharmacy Consultants,
- Elder Law Attorneys,
- Senior Center Staff,
- Dental Hygienists,
- Activity Professionals,
- Therapeutic Recreation,
- Nurse Practitioners,
- Case Managers,
- Aging Life Care Professionals,
- Geriatric Care Managers,
- Alzheimer’s coach,
- Hospice providers, and etc.
Anyone can attend the NCCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar. If you are pursuing certification as a CDP®, you must complete the NCCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminar. You then have 30 days from the day you complete the seminar to submit your application to NCCDP to receive your Certification as a Dementia Practitioner. You may visit NCCDP to find out more about the application process and certification eligibility.
- Completing the Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care seminar,
- Meeting the NCCDP requirements for CDP® certification,
- Applied for the CDP® certification, and
- Received the CDP® certification.
A CDP® certification reflects a deep personal commitment on the part of the health care professional and the organization’s sense of accountability by abiding by NCCDP the Ethic’s statement, inspiring confidence and dedication in an individual’s professional knowledge through quality of life and quality of care provided by the CDP® to the dementia patient.
Why become a Certified Dementia Practitioner?
- CDP certification advances skills and knowledge in the Alzheimer’s and Dementia care field
- CDP certification shows commitment to competency when working with a person living with dementia
- CDP certification is a model for other health care professionals to follow
- CDP certification provides more leaders in the health care field
- CDP certification promotes best practices in the field of Alzheimer’s and Dementia care
- CDP certification promotes education and in turn promotes professionalism
- CDP certification develops a sense of pride
- CDP certification allows one to provide the best care
- CDP certification shows a personal commitment to education and training above and beyond regulations
- CDP certification brings Dementia skills and knowledge to agencies, co-workers, patients and families
- CDP certification enhances the ongoing dementia care that the health care professional provides
- CDP certification provides families a sense of security and comfort in knowing that their loved one is being cared for by skilled, caring and competent professionals who have completed extensive comprehensive Alzheimer’s and Dementia training
- CDP certification for healthcare professionals improves patient interventions and outcomes
- CDP certification promotes certification as a means to ensure competent trained healthcare professionals in the areas of Alzheimer’s and Dementia care
- You may NOT take this ONLINE LIVE class if another ADDC seminar is offered within a 2-hour radius of your location. Make sure to check here: https://www.nccdp.org/calendarix/calendar.php
- A student handout notebook will also be mailed to you.
- A CDP application will be provided to you in class/student handout notebook.
- You will have 30 days to submit your application to NCCDP for consideration for CDP certification if you qualify.
- No recording or screenshot allowed for the ADDC Seminar.
- You must have a PC/ laptop and headset to participate.
- Overview of Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Communications and Feelings
- Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
- Delusions, Hallucinations, Hoarding and Wandering
- Aggressive Behaviors, Catastrophic Reactions,
- Intimacy & Sexuality
- Personal Care
- Staff and Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Spiritual Care and End of Life
Dates for the seminar:
September 21 and 22, 2019
October 26 and 27, 2019
November 23 and 24, 2019
December 14 and 15, 2019
Price is $247. This includes the student hand out notebook which we will ship to your address.